Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Official Hive Creative Challenge - Spring! Creative Tuesday - Spring.....

1940s Dictionary Page Spring 2
Hi Everyone....I can almost feel Spring in the air as it gets warmer here and the final snowman melts away.....

I am submitting this to 

Official Hive Creative Challenge - Spring!
and to this week's challenge on Creative Tuesdays was "Spring" so I kept with my new series of pieces on 1940s vintage Dictionary pages and created this piece.....

So pop by
Hot Toast and Jam

and check out all of the submissions for Spring....and get creating yourself!!!!
1940s Dictionary Page Spring


Check out the collection so far...


1. Fashion - a piece inspired by Fashion week 2011
2. Doll - a piece for If's theme "toy"
3. Poppy 
4. Bird 

The whole collection will be available in my Etsy Shop as I move ahead.....and if you have any special words you want to see in this collection....please leave me a comment with your word....you may even win a print for yourself......

23 comments:

Crystal said...

I love your wonderfully creative work on vintage pages. :-)

Crystal said...

I love your wonderfully creative work on vintage pages. :-)

Diane said...

So very cute, Diana. I am loving the dictionary background & the arrival of SPRING! Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

Thank you !!! these are so much fun....I just can't stop

Morph Waffle said...

So cute, love it on the 40's dictionary pages, very cool!

Betsy Brock said...

I love the old dictionary page as the background!

linda (dots n doodles) said...

Such an adorable drawing. I love the idea of the old dictionary page which shows through. Superb!

Dara Marlynne said...

You are so talented!! Beautiful work, and the dictionary page makes for an awesome background!

Jenny said...

What an inspired idea, and such a lovely piece..spring is definitely in the air :)

Dolores said...

This is wonderful. Just in time for Easter.

Christine said...

I like the vintage look, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

what a clever idea to layer the images onto text!

Heather said...

I so love what you are doing with these...your images are just gorgeous...and full of colorful cheery spring!!! xo

Birdie said...

This is so awesome. I really love the juxtaposition onto the old text. Well done!

Terri Kahrs said...

Of course you had to have a bunny on the "Spring" page, Diana! How could you NOT have one, and he's adorable!!! Love this collection! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Wanda said...

Well if that isn't the cutest vintage Springtime greeting. What originality... Just wonderful!

EVA said...

Another great one!!

So I guess this means you are cutting the pages out... interesting!

Save "Space" and "Moon" for me!

Kristin Dudish said...

Oh Diana - this collection is amazing... I am totally loving these!

xo
Kristin

Unknown said...

What a great idea. I love your creation.
QMM

MrBibleHead said...

I’m loving the whole series Diana! Wonderful stuff!

Cameron said...

Perfect image to depict Spring! Wonderful!

Michaele Razi said...

These are just YUMMY! I can look at these all day (I think I will!). xo

marianne said...

Love those designs on the dictionary papers!!!!
The inspiration will be endless!!!!

 
Blogging tips