Thursday, January 27, 2011

Some inspiration from a friend and I ended up baking up these...yummy!

January 27th 2011 014

I was blog surfing this afternoon and spotted Silke with her yummy bread baking...and then I went to the kitchen to find some bread supplies...all I had was what I used to create these and they turned out even better than I imagined...

January 27th 2011 002
Initially I was going to make a loaf...but then I thought it would be fun to make some buns and tie them in knots....so I did....

January 27th 2011 003
one final proofing.....and then some egg wash and sesame seeds and into the oven.....

and oh my!!! the scent was so so good.....but the taste was amazing....nothing like homemade bread baking and sampling!!!!

January 27th 2011 008

January 27th 2011 015

11 comments:

Silke Powers said...

OMG! I had those rolls yesterday and today for lunch and still I am drooling on my keyboard reading your post. There's nothing like homemade bread, is there?!? I'm so glad you tried them!! Your variation looks super yummy!!! Love, Silke

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Oh DANG!!!
Now I am going to HAVE to try the recipe because, yes, I can smell them right through the computer and I am wishing I had one this morning with my coffee.....
Ooooooo, I don't have time, but, but, but......I want some!
Beautiful... :-)

XXOO~~♥
Anne

Jenny said...

yummmmmmmm, these look absolutely delicious! Oh yay!!I'm so glad your JOY journal arrived and you like it!! So happy! :) May you hhve many joyful things to write in it :)x
ps..I love your art here, your valentine based creations are just adorable :)x

Unknown said...

Thank you Silke!!!! these were so good...I just used what I had and made up this yummy buttery dough!!!

Thank you Jenny!!! I love the Joy Journal you sent!!!!

Deborah said...

ACK!! You and Silke are destroying my Points Plus system!!! **drools** Deb

Caroline said...

Drool! I love bread with sesame seeds - heading off to the kitchen right now!

Heather said...

oooh these look delish!

carol l mckenna said...

Look yummy ! ~ sweet creation ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

Cynthia Patterson said...

looks yummmmmy!!!
all these posts with yummy food....it's time to eat...

blessings,
Cindy♥

Lilac & Lavender said...

Homemade bread is SO good! The smell, the way it looks as it bakes, and of course... the taste :) Don't get much better than that! lol Hope you're having a Sweet Saturday!

Unknown said...

These look absolutely delicious! I think I can smell them through the screen, lol!

 
Blogging tips