Sunday, November 14, 2010

The art of pop ups....wow!

I am always collecting cool pop up books...to me they are magical works of art...that come to life...and I could leaf through them over and over...and never ever tire of seeing the work....much like having a wonderful painting in your home that you never ever tire of....I share my pop ups but no one can ever really hold them ...I hold them and turn the pages...that is how much I love these works of art......pure magic....and pure happiness.....

Imagine what a dream it would be to work on one of these projects....I think it would be amazing.....

I think I need to add this to my bucket list.....

Meanwhile...check this out for some inspiration....

2 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

OMG! How fabulous!!! I was mesmerized by this little video! I adore children's books, and pop-ups are the BEST!!!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Diane said...

Hi Diana,
My husband was a HUGE pop-up book lover. After he passed away last year I found out that my neighbor's father was a famous pop-up book artist. His name was John Strejan & he has been deceased now for 5 or 6 years. The pop-up books are really so amazing. Have a wonderful day! xoxo Diane

 
Blogging tips