Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm back...and one of my vacation projects works just perfectly for MMM this week....

My new EAR Art!!!.....





Hi Everyone!!!
It is great to be back and have a chance to say hello to all of you....I am back from a fab vacation away at our cottage and my brother's and sister-in-laws new place....It was a lot of fun and great times with family....just what summer is all about....I hope you all had a wonderful holiday this weekend!

I totally forgot to check out the theme for this week on Mixed Media Monday...but even when I travel I take projects to work on and create....I love being a night owl and I don't think I can go longer then a day without making something or painting....so one of my projects on my mini-vacation was to create these cool paper beads for my new earings....I will be adding these to my Etsy Shop for some fun Ear Art...

I have so many great photos and projects to share with you all...so pop by often and I will be catching up over the next few days....

Hugs Everyone!!!

oh and I wanted to share some photos with you of a piece I made for my Brother and Sister-in-Law...a bit of a cottage warming gift....it is a wood canvas and pyrography piece I created especially for them...of their new cottage....


20 comments:

Marie S said...

I am so glad you had a good time. The earrings are darling Diana!!
The painting you did for your Brother and SIL is amazing.
I am glad you had a good 4th, welcome back!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Really cool paper beads, Diana. Your talent always amazing me. And the house warming gift for the cottage is beautiful and shows off your incredible art abilities.
Faye

mia said...

Amazing painting,Diana! And the earrings are super-cute!!

Nicola said...

Wow!!! I love your ear art and the present you made for your brother is a lovely gift!!! You are such an inspiration!!!!

Sandy said...

OMG Diana your work is absolutely unique.
Wonderful pieces, I love them.

Renee said...

Diana the painting is wonderful and they must feel totally blessed to have it.

xoxoxo

Ozstuff said...

Yes, beautiful pieces - every one. I love how you have used the dressmaker's dummy (well, it is too beautiful to be used in that way). Gorgeous work, as always.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces

Anonymous said...

Those little flying pigs are just the cutest! Also your painting is beautiful.

My Creative House said...

Wow this is fantastic, love your art work.

Anonymous said...

What fun Diana, they are amazing! Diane

soulbrush said...

love the new stuff, love the painting of the cottage, love that you're back, love that you made new memories.

Manon said...

Glad you had a great time Diana!
The new earrings are so cool!
I'm sure that your brother and sister-in-law loved your gift.... it's fantastic!

Ces Adorio said...

Welcome back! Lovely cottage - lovelier painting but I noticed they chopped the tree - it's a good thing you painted the tree before it was chopped down. What kind of trees are those?

Archie and Melissa said...

welcome home diana!
i love your new wood painting and earrings!
you are so inspiring!

Art by Darla Kay said...

Beautiful painting of the cottage! I'm sure they adore it!
♥Darla

Diane said...

Welcome home! Gald to have you back with us blogging again! Your ear art is fabulous! What will you come up with next?? Thanks so much for the little watercolor pic you sent me. I love that & my cupcake stickers. Your cottage picture is gorgeous. I bet they were quite happy with it. Happy Monday!
Hugs, Diane

Lori Saul said...

Hi Diana,
Sounds like you had a wonderful rest- and what a fantastic place that you stayed. Your painting of it is awesome and your ear art is so creative and adorable! Love them!

marianne said...

Oh Diana! What a wonderful piece of art you have created for your brother! He must have been so happy when he got that I suppose........
Your hangers are fun!

Have a nice day!

Emily said...

Delightful painting Diana! The wooded space plays really well in balance with the house!

 
Blogging tips